Monday, August 31, 2009

Channeling Discovery

The strange things sudden electric discovery makes one do. I normally post verses only on Sundays. Let this Monday be early or an extension of the previous day, birthing a serendipitous event. Nah, it’s just another post.

I have had two women name their sons after me
without the benefit of sex.
Is it better than the real thing?
I can’t tell you,
but I know it’s not mine.
One woman has half my wife’s name,
the other is the first spark
dying on the wick.
The wind knows not where it blows.
The night knows not when it trips
in the city light, the urban blight.
The old ticker warms
at dawn, while mosquitoes
feast on legs.

2 comments:

  1. Paul, you write so beautifully...
    Tess gave me your blog address. Hope it's alright with you. I really enjoyed reading your poems.

    Cheers,
    Girlie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Girlie,

    Thank you so much. I really appreciate your comment.

    No one has been so forward in commenting on my poetry recently. Two decades ago, one of my college professors (who was named a National Artist a few years back) said that if I could do some polishing up on my craft, I could "start looking for a publisher" for an anthology of some sort.

    The passage of time and personal duties tend to divert one's energies from the arts. I am not so keen on seeking to be published anymore.
    I just want people who are interested (including those not so interested) to read my verses.

    You are one of those. Thanks.

    Best regards,
    Paul

    ReplyDelete