Sunday, June 7, 2009

Twice

(For Gift)

Bitten, my loves, bit,
ate their hearts
Out, over a jewel they are not: cannot be, have.
Had felt it just twice in six.
Years go by like
so many sweet spells.
Sour fuels, nervous energy
keep me running.
I stumble & don’t notice,
too late, too deep, the wound –
Smiles & bleeds.
I fight & get worse.
I hurt & curse. We fight.
Have I fought enough for peace, for friends, for trust, for tranquility?
For complacence, I don’t do anything.
The feeling runs its own course.
One does not notice until it’s beside you.
Neck to neck, heart to heart.
You can’t keep hungry hearts apart.
Born to run, afire from the start.
Corny is just another word
For love’s the truth.
Told her.
Went for broke.
Nothing & all.
Wasted.
Was that all there was to it?
Get close, then get lost?
Spilt, nothing saved.
The floor’s still cold.
Warm, as long as the sun stays.
It will go away, for sure.
One got away in silence,
three years stretched.
One about to,
Go away. Away, yeah, away.
Scat!
Twice bitten, I died. I die. I keep on dying.
Damn death deadbeat heart hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment