Sunday, January 3, 2010

2 Dreams

Illustration by Koldo Barroso

I Dreamed Of You

It’s been a long time
I’ve seen a rainbow,
but last night
I dreamed of you.
In colors of forests,
screaming simians,
mornings and dew.

Mimi of the
hoarse whispers,
lewd curses,
cigarette blues.
You were in a dress
of fields of blooms,
your eyes stabbing spirits,
suggestions profuse.

I followed you into a room
dark and fearful, symmetry askew.
You pushed me away.
I stood my ground.
Couldn’t lose you again
in platonic platitudes.

Lips crushed lips
like meteors
crashing on satellites.
You weakened.
I got stronger.

The lights turned on.
Eyes kept closed,
barenaked, unashamed.


Illustration by Emila Yusof

Haiku kuno

A rainbow I miss.
Painting skies
with colors bliss.
I dreamed of Mimi.

No comments:

Post a Comment